Sunday, March 28, 2010

Pangi oh Pangi…. What A Wonderful Experience






Often we would watch in movies whereby poor people who could not afford to pay for train ride, would be left sitting on the roof of the carriages’ or even hanging off poles outside of the train or even during festive times, where people who had no transport but only train to get to places, would rush or do anything just to get onboard. Well, my trip to Pangi was not exactly the same but the experience of sitting outside of a train was totally awesome! I felt like an illegal immigrant! Well, it was a classic diesel powered train (considered classic as most trains are operated by electricity by now), which pulls 2 small carriages. On the way to Pangi, I sat in one of the carriages while on my way back to Tenom, I sat outside the train, literally outside the train platform where they put goods. It was a great experience as I was able to see the nature surrounding me without any obstructions apart from human beings. On top of that, the journey to and from Pangi was beautiful, with hills around it, river, rocks and even a hydroelectric dam! In Pangi, I also managed to walk across a hanging bridge which links both banks of Padas River! It was scary at first, but when I got used to it, I thought it was fun! As I walked, the bridge bounced according to the rhythm of my pace! When I got to the middle of the hanging bridge, my oh my, the view was awesome! Apart from the murky river, the scenery was just beautiful!

0 comments: